Friday, August 24, 2007




Glenn and I got back from Duke yesterday, returning after Parent Orientation and leaving Morgan there to fend for himself (for which he is very grateful). He has Orientation the rest of this week, then classes start on Monday, the 27th. We got him moved into his dorm room, met his roommate and his parents, took him shopping and had an appointment with a cardiologist there. It was a busy few days.

The cardiologist ran an echocardiogram on Morgan and was surprised that his heart has already shrunk so much. The right side is now less than twice the size of the left, down from about 4 times as large. He said everything looked great! Morgan still has a few weeks of sternal restrictions, mainly that he is not supposed to lift or carry more than 5-10 pounds. He can engage in aerobic exercise, but no contact sports for the remaining few weeks. His neck and shoulder pain has diminished and he and the doctor agreed he does not need any more physical therapy or pain medication.

Given that he is doing so well and was hoping I would leave and not hover, I decided to come home with Glenn. All you moms out there who have just sent your kid off to college have my sympathy. I am pretty much beside myself and cry a lot. I guess in time I will get used to him being gone, but so far, it is not easy. I keep reminding myself this is what he has worked so hard for and how proud we are of him.

Anyway, that is the scoop. I am attaching a couple of pictures I took.

Thanks for everything.

Patty

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home